The City of Albany Public Works Department is in the final phases of developing an Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Self-Evaluation and Transition Plan (SETP) for the Public Works Department that is focused on facilities within the public right-of-way. As this project reaches its final phases, the City is also starting the process to complete a citywide ADA SETP encompassing the other departments and all City programming.
The City is seeking people interested in participating as members of an advisory group for the planning project. As a member of the advisory group, one can expect to participate in up to three meetings throughout the development of the Plan, which will include:
- discussion of the ADA Self-Evaluation of City programs, activities, and services;
- identifying and establishing priorities for barrier removal; and
- review of the ADA Self-Evaluation and Transition Plan.
All meetings will be held remotely due to COVID-19 health concerns.
The City is looking for input from:
- People with disabilities;
- Other individuals and members of groups that encounter barriers related to accessing City services, such as parents of children with disabilities;
- People with experience and knowledge of ADA planning and requirements or those who serve populations with disabilities; and
- Any other interested Albany residents.
If you are interested in serving on this advisory group, please contact:
Disability Access Coordinator